ampliar mapazoom -

Loarre castle

Located about 35 km from Huesca, it was declared a Historic and Architectural Monument in 1906. It is one of the best preserved fortresses in Europe; Iberian, Roman, Muslim fort and royal palace, its construction started in the 11th century under King Sancho III. The perimeter wall which encloses the Castle dates back to the 8th century. Its church, dedicated to Saint Peter, has a complex floor and a unique, huge double cantilevered vaulted dome, a semicircular apse and decorated capitals.

A doorway in the outer wall flanked by two fortified semicircular towers leads into the castle. Inside the compound is the watchtower or lookout point. A ramp leads to the only door into the Castle. From here a stairway covered by a barrel vault leads to the crypt of Saint Quiteria. The dungeons, passages and fortified towers complete the tour, with the Queen's balcony offering a panoramic view of Huesca Valley. The site has been the setting for numerous cinematographic shoots, the most famous being Ridley Scott's "Kingdom of Heaven".

More information:

Collegiate church of Bolea

The church was built between 1535 and 1556, between the Gothic and Renaissance periods, on the site of the previous Romanesque church. Its interior consists of a floor area with three naves. Semicircular arches, lancet arches and ribbed vaults decorate and support the roof.

The main altarpiece (1490-1503) is an outstanding example of Gothic design, with impressive paintings from the first Spanish Renaissance combined with sculptures in polychrome wood. Other interesting altarpieces to be found in the Collegiate church are those to San Sebastian, in Gothic style, and to Santiago Apostle, attributed to Damián Forment.

More information:

Mallos de Riglos

These impressive rocky formations, 300 metres of almost vertical cliff walls, are a nesting site for one of the most important colonies of griffon vultures in Europe, and a popular destination for rock climbers.

About 7 km from Ayerbe on the A-132, a road turning to the left leads to the village of Riglos, where the houses blend into the steep relief that ends with the impressive Mallos de Riglos. These are giants of conglomerate rock with vertical sides of more than 300 metres and some of them have their own name (the Firé, the Pure, the Pisón etc). As well as a climbing area of worldwide importance, the massive walls serve as a site for colonies of griffon vultures, Egyptian vultures, bearded vultures and a multitude of all kinds of birds of prey.

More information:Oficina de Turismo de Huesca. 974292170

Mallos de Agüero

Similar in formation to their neighbours in Riglos, the Mallos de Agüero is an impressive vertical rock formation standing behind the special village which gives them their name.

The silhouette of Peña Sola, situated apart from the conglomerate block, stands out in the rocky landscape. Adventurous climbers can often be seen scaling the rock faces, and it is equally common to see the silhouettes of birds of prey in the sky above, as they make the most of the cavities in the rocks to nest and breed.

More information: The tourism office in Huesca. Phone nr.+34974292170

Salto de Roldán

This legendary landscape is a landmark of the city of Huesca, a place of defence in the Middle Ages, a favoured observation point for birds of prey, and a vantage point from which to contemplate the impressive view over Huesca Valley. El Salto de Roldán (Roldán's Leap) is formed by two huge blocks of conglomerate rock, the crag of Saint Michael and Amán, divided by a deep and wide gorge created by the course of the River Flumen.

The legend says that Roldán, pursued by his enemies, came to this spot and avoided capture by jumping across the chasm from one crag to the other on horseback.

Visitors can reach the Saint Michael crag on foot, with access up the vertical rock face to the summit using an iron ladder. On the summit are the ruins of the hermitage of Saint Michael, as well as a spectacular panorama accompanied by the flight of griffon vultures and other birds of prey. History, nature, sport, legends and magic converge in this unique space.

More information: The tourism office in Huesca. Phone nr.+34974292170


This is a special rural settlement in the middle of the Guara mountain range, where nature reveals itself in all its beauty. The water of the reservoir reflects the extraordinary rocky formations of the Mallos Peaks of Ligüerri, Saint George, the Pure, the Mitra and the Borón Peak, which rises imposingly to a height of 1310 m. Griffon, bearded and Egyptian vultures as

well as other birds of prey build their nests in the shelter of the crags. The settlement makes an exceptional observation point over the gorges of the River Guatizalema.

Near the reservoir, accessible on foot and well signposted, there is a short walk up to the hermitage of St Cosme and St Damian, built in a huge hollow of the conglomerate rock.

More information:The tourism office in Huesca. Phone nr.+34974292170

Castle of Montearagón

About 7 km from the centre of Huesca, in the municipality of Quicena, stands the Castle of Montearagón overlooking the plains of Huesca. The castle was declared a National Monument in 1931.

Originally a Christian bastion, it was erected by the Aragonese king Sancho Ramírez as a fortress to carry out the reconquest of the city of Huesca, in preparation for his advance on Zaragoza. Years later, it became a powerful monastery, the Abbey of Montearagón, whose sphere of influence covered a wide territory for centuries, as the owner of large areas of land.

It is currently under restoration, thanks to the efforts that have been made in order to rebuild it.

More information:

San Miguel de Foces

The impressive church of San Miguel de Foces stands in a setting between olive fields, vines and almond trees at the foot of the Sierra de Guara. It has been declared a national monument, and it is located next to the Royal Road which linked Huesca to Barbastro.

In its interior, the Cistercian style can be seen at its best. This place, originally conceived as a family pantheon, hosts an interesting collection of paintings belonging to the style known as linear Gothic.

The echoes of the hospitable friars of St John of Jerusalem, who lived in the monastery which once stood at the site, can still be perceived.

More information:


Situated in the Casbas village in Huesca, the monastery of Sta Maria de La Gloria is one of the rare examples of female Cistercian convents in Aragón.

Its sober walls are home to numerous facilities and rooms from different eras which evoke the history of the community. Sightseeing in this part the Valley calls for a stop on the way to enjoy this beautiful, spiritual place.

The religious community occupied the rooms of the convent until 2004.

More information:

Sariñena Lake

Of endorheic origin, Sariñena Lake has been declared a wildlife refuge.

With a surface of 204 hectares, it is one of the ten largest lakes in Spanish territory and a place of interest for ornithologists. Graylag geese, teal, coots, stilts, grebes, herons and egrets are commonly seen here, as are shorebirds such as cormorants and black-headed gulls, as well as birds of prey such as osprey and marsh harriers.

Low rainfall and long hours of sunshine in summer, which cause a great deal of evaporation, lead to the accumulation of salts in the bed of the lake and in the surrounding land, which favour the growth of a huge quantity of plants of steppe and saline environments. There is an Interpretation Centre near the lake.

More information: The tourism office in Los Monegros. Phone nr.+34 974 57 08 73 and

Villa Fortunatus

Leaving Fraga and heading north, towards Monzón, about 4 km away on the shore of the River Cinca, are the excavations of the Roman Villa Fortunatus, named after a mosaic inscription to its owner.

The archaeological site was discovered around 1930. It might have been inhabited in the 1st century, but the most important ruins, among which there are some well conserved building structures, date back to the 4th century. They give an insight into the lifestyle of a landowner of the Roman era.

The dwelling shows the typical layout of the rooms around a patio. Archaeology has revealed that after it was abandoned as a dwelling, part of it was used as a Christian basilica.

More information:

The Monastery of Sigena

The Monastery of Sigena or of Saint Mary the Queen, Romanesque Cistercian, dating back to the 12th century, was declared a National Monument in 1923.

From its foundation, it was closely linked to the crown of Aragon. Apart from being a convent run by an order of hospitable nuns, it was a Royal Pantheon, a National Archive and a Royal Court. In August 1936 it suffered a devastating fire and the pillaging of a great part of its works of art and goods.

Today, the monastery preserves its Romanesque façade of 14ornamental moldings. In the north part, there is the Royal Pantheon, a room with arched recesses built into the walls, like a funerary chapel. The interior of the church, in the form of the Latin cross, has a nave ending with three chapels, a large transept and barrel vaults. There are still a few remains of the painting that once decorated its walls.

More information:
The Tourism Office in Los Monegros. Phone nr. +34 974 57 08 73, Monastery of Sigena Phone nr. +34 974 578 158 / +34 974 578 137 and

San Pedro de Siresa

The monastery of St Peter of Siresa, designated a Historic-Artistic Monument in 1931, is located in the village of the same name, situated to the north of the village of Hecho.

The monastery of St Peter of Siresa, an example of the Aragonese Romanesque style, was erected on a Visigothic monastery and conceived in the 9th century as a Royal Monastery. It was chosen as the place for the education of Alfonso I el Batallador (the Warrior). The first remarkable thing is its colossal size, like a cathedral. The monastery is located near the Romanesque road which crosses to neighbouring France, through the Pass of Palo.

The church, built in the 11th century, is in the form of a Latin cross, with barrel vaulting, a circular apse and a door with smooth ornamental moldings. Inside, there are extremely valuable altarpieces and sacred works of art.

More information:
The Tourism office in Jaca. Phone nr.+34 974 36 00 98 and

San Juan de la Peña

The Monastery, linked to the legends of the Holy Grail, lies in a protected area, nestling under a rock face. It dates back to the 10th century, when it was the cradle of the Kingdom of Aragon. Its outstanding features include the paintings of St Cosme and St Damian, the pre-Romanesque church, the Pantheon of Nobles, the Superior Church, the Gothic chapel of St Victorian and the impressive Romanesque cloisters.

Its fall into decline, debts, and ecclesiastical lawsuits, as well as the massive fire of 1675 led to its eviction and to the construction of the new monastery in Llano de San Indalecio, which now houses the Interpretation Centre of the Kingdom of Aragon, the Interpretation Centre of San Juan de la Peña and guest quarters.

More information:


At the foot of Peña Oroel, the city is an important stopping point on the way to Santiago.

Its Town Hall, situated in the main street, Calle Mayor, is a building from the 15th and 16th centuries. It has a richly ornamented façade reminiscent of silverware, with large windows with forged iron bars, and its Renaissance patio houses the clock tower bell. La Catedral de San Pedro, (the Cathedral of St Peter) declared a national monument in 1931, is one of the most important buildings of Romanesque Spanish art. Building began in 1076. The decoration of the façade with Christ's monogram and the checkered chess had an influence on later Romanesque art. It houses the Diocesan Museum, with important works of sacred art.

One of the best preserved military constructions is the Ciutadela, the citadel, originally the Castle of St Peter, built in 1595, during the reign of Felipe II. The citadel was built as a pentagon, with bastions armed at the tops, a moat, fortified ditches, a covered path, a parade ground and defensive bank.

To the North of Jaca, the Fotín de Rapitán ( 19th-20th centuries) is located at a superb vantage point overlooking the city and its surroundings with an excellent panoramic view.

The medieval Bridge of St. Michael, designated a Historic-Artistic Monument in 1943, stands over the River Aragón. It was built to facilitate communication between the city and the western valleys of the Aragonese Pyrenees.

More information:

Canfranc international railway station

This is an impressive railway building dating from the beginning of the 20th century, funded as part of investment in the creation of a border passage between France and Spain through a low tunnel under the Pyrenees.

It was opened in 1928 and declared of cultural interest and a monument in 2002. Its history has some dark episodes, such as the use of the station to transport gold and works of art stolen by the Nazis. The passage through the tunnel was permanently closed permanently in 1970, after the derailment of a train on the French side, although the Spanish have tried to reopen the tunnel on several occasions.

Currently, the building is fenced off, and nobody can enter it. Tourists can walk on the platforms and only some of its rooms, such as the machine warehouse, can be visited. It is the property of the Aragonese Government and there are several proposals for its complete renovation.

More information:

Ordesa National Park

The National Park of Orders and Monte Perdido was created in 1918 and enlarged in 1982. It has been a world heritage site since 1997. Its zone of influence includes a part of the municipalities of Bielsa, Broto, Fanlo, Puértolas, Tella-Sin and Torla.

The Monte Perdido colossus (3,355 m), in the centre of the Tres Sorores, dominates the landscape; it is the biggest limestone solid in Europe, and is flanked by the Cilindro de Marboré (3,328 m) and the Soum de Ramond (3,254 m).

The Park is divided into sectors, according to the different points of access. The most popular sector for visitors, Ordesa, with its U-shaped typical glacial valley, is reached via Torla.

The nearby Cinca Valley offers access to the other sectors: Añisclo, with access via Escalona; Escuaín, via Escalona and Puértolas; and Pineta, where the Monte Perdido National Parador is situated, which can be entered via Bielsa, at the head of the Cinca Valley.

More information:

The Serrablo route

This route, starting in Sabiñánigo, covers the interesting Romanesque churches, located in the north of this area, in the valley of Serrablo.

The Mozarabic church of San Pedro de Lárrede is of great interest, and it is also the most representative of the local churches. The Mozarabic hermitage of San Juan de Bosco is on a plain halfway between Oliván and Lárrede. Among many other Mozarabic churches, the churches of Oliván and Orós Bajo are worth mention.

The route back to Sabiñánigo, gives an opportunity to visit the Romanesque church in Senegüé and the church in Sorripas. The route via Lorres makes it possible to visit the Museum of Drawings in the Castle of Larrés.

More information:


Aínsa is the capital of the Sobrarbe region and one of the best conserved urban centres. A walk through its streets contemplating its civil, military and religious constructions conjures up the era of the old reign of Aragon.

Aínsa is set at a crossroads that gives it a special geographical position. Its old centre, declared a Historic-Architectural Collection in 1970, is surrounded by a wall which has preserved two of its three former access points, and that together with the Castle, give the whole an almost impregnable look. In the fortress (11th century), almost in ruins, the Tower of Tenente is of note. This is home to the Eco Museum Centre for Visitors, the Parade Ground and the gate to the Plaza Mayor Square, where the two main streets meet.

Se pueden visitar también el Museo de Oficios y Artes Tradicionales y el Museo Maravillas Fósiles del Mar.

Certain remarkable buildings in the centre of town stand out such as Casa Bielsa, from the 16th and 17th centuries, and Casa Arnal, from the 17th century. There is a beautiful view of the Cinca Valley and the Peña Montañesa from the Hospital Arch. The most notable part of the Romanesque church of Santa María (11th and 12th centuries) is the watchtower, with its arrow slits and doorway with four ornamental moldings. Its interior is a single nave with pointed barrel vaulting.

It is also possible to visit the Museum of Professions and Traditional Arts, and the Museum of Fossil Wonders from the Sea. Every two years, on the first weekend in September, the "Morisma" pageant takes place. It represents the reconquest of the city by the Christian armies, when a cross of fire appeared above an oak tree.

More information:

The shrine of Torreciudad

Dedicated to the Virgin Mary, its construction was promoted by Saint Jose María Escrivá de Balaguer, the founder of Opus Dei, and it opened for worship in 1975. Its architect, Heliodoro Dols, wanted to outline a variety of shapes using a basic building element: bricks.

Inside, an outstanding feature is the alabaster altarpiece by Joan Mayné, representing several scenes from the life of the Virgin Mary. All the lines of the shrine converge at the altarpiece, with the tabernacle and the Romanesque sculpture of the Virgin at its centre. In the main nave there is an elevated choir (coro alto), and below it a crypt with three chapels dedicated to Mary respectively under the titles of the Virgin of Loreto, the Virgin of the Pillar and the Virgin of Guadeloupe. There is a fourth chapel consecrated to the Holy Family.

It is one of the most important centres of the region for visitors. In addition, it is part of the Mariana Route, which connects the Pilar Basilica (Zaragoza), Torreciudad, Montserrat and Lourdes.

More information:

Roda de Isábena

This is considered to be the smallest village with a cathedral in Spain. It is located 111 km from Huesca on a high promontory which overlooks an important part of the River Isábena. The village has one of the jewels of the High Aragonese Romanesque: the St Vincent Church-Cathedral, declared a National Historic Monument.

The building dates back to the 12th and 13th centuries and it has three naves with separate apses decorated externally with blind arches and typical Romanesque lesenes from Lombardy. (Lesenes are narrow low-relief pillars.) At the head of the church there are three crypts at different levels from the main one. The crypt of St Ramonone, leading off the central nave, is exceptional, decorated with Romanesque mural paintings, and with three entrances marked with semicircular arches. The cloister is quadrangular and opens onto a patio through arched arcades. There is a restaurant within the precincts.

In the museum there are some pieces from St Ramón's chair, carved in boxwood, which was stolen and broken up in 1979.

More information:

Obarra monastery

It was declared a Monument of Cultural Interest in 1931. The main building is the Church of Santa Maria (10th and 11th centuries), which is Lombardy Romanesque in style, a basilica with three naves, the central one being the highest, and concluded with drum apses.

The exterior decoration is typical of Lombardy, with a blind arch frieze and lesenes. The structure is covered by separate roofs for each of the naves.

The entrance to the church is a semicircular arch. The interior has three naves concluded in apses, separated by cruciform pilasters. The three naves are covered with semicircular vaults and apses. The Virgin of Obarra, carved in 16th century polychrome stone, is the focal point of the central apse.

The Abbey Palace is located a few metres to the north of the monastery and to the south is the hermitage of St Paul, a 12th century work of art, which is rectangular with a vault and only one semicircular apse. High mountains and the course of the River Isábena frame the collection of buildings to create a uniquely beautiful and harmonious landscape.

More information:


Situated on the right edge of the River Vero, this monumental villa constitutes an impressive small medieval village. The Colegiata de Santa María la Mayor Castle, declared a Historic-Artistic Grouping, stands proud above the village. The area is surrounded by a wall with several fortified towers. The mural paintings and the cloister of the Colegiata are must-sees! Footbridges lead down from Alquezar to the River Vero, and on the way down the beauty of the Barranco de la Fuente reveals itself, its vegetation thriving on the humidity and coolness particular to these steep valleys.

In Alquézar the church of the Archangel St Michael deserves attention, for the robustness and austerity typical of the Romanesque style, despite being a building from 1681.

More information:

The castle of Monzón

This fortification of Arabian origin (10th century) was built on a rock that overlooks the town of Monzón. In 1089 it was conquered by King Sancho Ramirez and his son, Prince Pedro I.

En el 1143 fue donado a la orden del Temple y es transformado en convento, con edificios de estilo militar cisterciense, torres, capilla, refectorio y su cisterna, dormitorios, etc. Entre sus muros recibió su educación el rey Jaime I.

In 1143 it was donated to the Order of the Temple and was transformed into a convent, with military Cistercian buildings, towers, chapel, refectory and its cistern, chambers, etc. The King Jaime I received his education inside its walls.

There are historians who believe the castle gave custody to the sword of El Cid, the legendary Tizona, because of the Templar Knights' residence in the Castle of Monzón. The fortress has a military past up until the 20th century, and played an important role during the War of Independence.

The castle, a symbol for the inhabitants of Monzón, is at present partially renovated, and has been declared a National Monument and hopes to be declared a World Heritage site.

More information:


A glacial cirque at the head of the Cinca Valley, Pineta is dominated by the unique silhouette of the Astazu peaks, in the Ordesa and Monte Perdido National Park. It can be entered through a narrow road from Bielsa.

Las aguas del glaciar de Monte Perdido, previamente remansadas en el Lago de Marboré y encauzadas en el incipiente río, se deslizan desde el Balcón de Pineta hasta caer al vacío formando la impresionante cascada del Cinca.

The water of the Monte Perdido glacier, after pooling in the Lake Marboré and then growing into a river, flows from the Balcón de Pineta and forms the impressive waterfall of Cinca. On the left bank of the River Cinca is the Monte Perdido National Parador, from which numerous excursions and walks in the area start (the plains of La Larri, the Munia, Lake Marboré, Tucarroya, the Astazu Peaks, etc).

More information:

Santa Cuz de la Serós

This village is situated in an idyllic natural setting, to the north of San Juan de la Peña, a few kilometres from Jaca.

The excellent conservation of the stone houses and buildings is worth noting while walking through Santa Cruz, the grouping being an example of the popular architecture of the Pyrenees.

The current parochial church of Santa María, whose construction was started in the last third of the 11th century, is one of the masterpieces of the Romanesque art in an urban nucleus. The building is concluded with the most representative bell tower of the Aragonese Romanesque.

The church of San Caprasio (12th century), also within San Cruz, is another beautiful representation of the Romanesque from Lombardy. The tour to this area can be complemented with a visit to the nearby Sanctuary of San Juan de la Peña.

More information:

Natural park of western valleys

It is the territory of the last brown bears of the Pyrenees and covered by an impressive forest and extended high-mountain meadows. It includes the sources of the Rivers Veral, Aragón Subordán, Osia and Estarrun, which respectively form the valleys of Zuriza, Oza, Aragües del Puerto and Aísa. Its limestone relief reaches its highest point in the Aragües Valley at the Bisaurín Peak (2,670 m).

From Ansó, a beautiful example of popular architecture, there are roads leading to the valleys of Zuriza, Linza (cross-country skiing slopes) and Tachera, stretches of countryside covered by large beeches and overlooked by the Mesa de los Tres Reyes (2,428 m) and the Petrechema (2,371 m).

Hecho, another excellent example of popular architecture, is the gateway to Selva de Oza, an expanse of mixed forest reached by crossing the narrow high-walled pass of Boca del Infierno. (Hell's Mouth) Here there is a view over the Peaks of Peña Forca (2,390 m) and Castillo de Acher (2,384 m), and the meanders of the Aguas Tuertas, where they meet the course of the River Aragón-Subordán in the region of Guarrinza.

More information:

Panticosa Spa

To the north of the village of Panticosa, next to Ibon de Baños, the source of the River Caldarés, the Panticosa Spa is located at 1,636 m high in a remarkable landscape, surrounded by granite blocks of over 3,000 m, such as Argualas Peak (3,040 m) and Picos del Infierno (3,084 m).

The thermal area is reached by a narrow road that uses the old route of shepherds and smugglers on their way to France through the Marcadau Pass, and connects the village of Panticosa with the Spa itself 8 km away. The facilities of the health resort use the water of the nitrogenous and sulphurous springs which also have mineral medicinal properties, famous even in Roman times and suitable for several kinds of health treatments.

Distinguished guests such as the King Alfonso XIII, Santiago Ramón y Cajal and José Ortega y Gasset have spent time at the resort.

More information:

Añisclo and Escuaín Gorges

They form part of Ordesa and Monte Perdido National Park and their walls have been sculpted in limestone by the River Bellós and the River Yaga. The canyons of Añisclo and Escuaín can be reached through the village of Escalona, situated on the Aínsa road on the way to the French border.

The River Bellós, which gets most of its source water from the Tres Sorores Mountains, cuts through the stone from north to south in a deep gorge with rocky formations, producing a curious phenomenon of inversion in vegetation levels. For its part the River Yaga springs from within the rock of the great Fuente de Escuaín Waterfalls. Its vertical walls, sculpted by the stream, are used for nesting by numerous species of birds of prey, among which the bearded vulture.

Por su parte, el río Yaga surge del seno de la roca en la gran cascada de la Fuente de Escuaín. Sus paredes verticales, talladas por la corriente fluvial, son aprovechadas para su nidificación por numerosas especies de aves rapaces, entre otras, el huidizo quebrantahuesos.

More information:


Benasque, a first class tourist centre situated next to the River Ésera, is the gateway to this Natural Park in which some of the highest granite blocks from the Pyrenees can be found. Some examples are Posets (3,369 m), Maladeta (3,308 m) and Aneto (3,404 m), with their corresponding glaciers, as well as the best-known Pyrenean lakes, such as Vallibierna, Batisielles or Cregüeña.

On the way to the end of the valley, on the right are the Mineral Medicinal Spa and the Llanos del Hospital. From here, a walk leads to Forau de Aigualluts, which collects the water from the Aneto and Maladeta glaciers in a stunning waterfall. Part of this water goes to the River Esera, while the main flow disappears underground, creating the source of the River Garona.

More information:

Sierra y Cañones de guara Natural Park

It was created in 1990 and it is the largest nature reserve in Aragón. Its almost 81,000 acres lie from east to west along all the pre-Pyrenees of Huesca. The mountains form the range whose tip, Tozal de Guara, is 2,077 metres high. From the north to the south, the mountains are crossed by the rivers Flumen, Guatizalema, Alcanadre, Mascún and Vero, forming narrow canyons and steep ravines which are greatly enjoyed by sportspeople and adventurers. Formiga, la Peonera, Gorgas Negras, Barrasil, Mascún, Balces and the canyon of the Vero River are the best-known among people who do these adventure sports.

The Natural Park, which is an example of karst relief, boasts beautiful spectacular settings, moulded by the action of the water on limestone and conglomerate stones. The outstanding features are el Salto de Roldán, Vadiello and the ravine of Mascún, whose thick walls host diverse species of wildlife and colonies of tawny and griffon vultures, as well as birds of prey such as the golden eagle and the bearded vulture.

Within the Guara Park we also find the Cultural Park of the Vero River, which includes numerous places with cave paintings.

More information:

The monastery of Nuestra Señora de las Fuentes

Fundada en el año 1507 por los condes de Sástago, La Cartuja de Ntra. Sra. de La Fuentes fue la primera de las cartujas levantadas en el Reino de Aragón. En el siglo XVIII se levantó un nuevo monasterio, que es La Cartuja tal como la conocemos ahora. Debido a su antigüedad es uno de los elementos más importantes de la arquitectura de la Ilustración del siglo XVIII en Aragón.

Pero su importancia no sólo radica en su antigüedad sino también en las pinturas murales realizadas por fray Manuel Bayeu, que decoran más de 2.000 metros cuadrados en su interior. Esto hace que por extensión se trate de uno de los conjuntos pictóricos más importante de todo Aragón.

Más información en Oficina de Turismo de Los Monegros Tel. 974 570090

más información: